Plasma Ball Large 6" Lamp
Plasma globes were accidentally invented by Nikola Tesla during experiments with high frequency currents and he called them 'inert gas discharge tubes'. Thankfully in the 1980's they were modernised and given a much cooler name of 'Plasma Globes' - and that's the name we've gone for too! These marvels of science are the ultimate iconic indoor lighting and feature two different modes.
The globe can be switched permanently on or set to 'sound responsive' mode in which the globe illuminates in time with the music, creating the ultimate party effect! Placing your hand on the globe attracts the ignited plasma but don't worry its completely insulated so you don't feel a thing. It's one of those things that you simply can't stop touching!
The Plasma Globe is the perfect interactive present for anyone that loves science, and even those who don't - although we frown at you
- Interactive mood light - Makes crazy lightning patterns inside the globe
- Responds to touch.
- Reacts to music when switch is flipped
- Globe made of glass with plastic base unit
- Globe measures approx. 15cm in diameter. Unit measures approx. 26cm x 15cm x 15cm
- Contains noble gases
- Powered by UK mains (adaptor supplied)